Promotions is responsible for marketing downtown in order to enhance our image and improve consumer and investor confidence in the downtown area. One of our primary goals is to develop special events that promote the area and create a sense of community. We work to encourage people to live, work, play and invest in downtown. A vibrant downtown is the heart of the community.
We welcome volunteers who enjoy all aspects of event organization from organizing, to set-up and tear-down, and all the fun in between. Contact one of our co-Chairs: Peggy Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Promotions Committee is very involved in our Community. These are some of the projects they have worked on:
- 2008 got different groups together to decorate windows in vacant Raytown Plaza at Christmas.
- 2008 began decorating the 63rd Street and railroad bridges.
- 2008 received donations for window on 63rd St. and raffled it off for the closest dollar amount of value of window at Christmas.
- 2010 poinsettia wreaths donated by Sue Frank and greenery donated by Jason Curry.
- Took over Holiday Lighting from Raytown Chamber of Commerce in 2012.
- Added lights and decorations for trees in Pocket Park in 2013 and 2014.
- Added lights to the Mayors Christmas tree at United Missouri bank.
- Started craft area at Fraternal order of Police during Holiday Lighting event.
- Started hayrides with volunteers leading carols around downtown during Holiday Lighting.
- Held a volunteer party at conclusion of Holiday Lighting event.
- Moved position of speakers and singers to be in front of United Missouri Bank for better visibility 2014.
- Started the first Annual Egg Extravaganza in 2010
- Added vendors and car show in 2011 to Annual Egg Extravaganza.
- Added parade to Annual Egg Extravaganza in 2012.
- Added large Egg filled with donated items for raffle in 2014.
- Beautiful Baby contest started at Summerfest and moved to Annual Egg Extravaganza in 2010.
The Promotions Committee is always looking for volunteers to work at our events. If interested, email us for contact information at email@example.com.